Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Home

We got back from our hols on Saturday. We had an enjoyable family holiday with mostly good weather. We did stuff like kayaking and go-carting and had some beachy days. Our time away culminated in the Aber Conference. I hope to do a report of the conference in the next day or so. While away, I managed to snatch some reading time and finished Grisham's The King of Torts, Barth's Evangelical Theology and a book on Karl Barth and Evangelical Theology. I plan to post some reflections on Barth during the coming week.
It was good to get back home yesterday and to be reunited with our people at Penknap today. I preached on John 9:1-12 in the morning and started a new series on Jonah, preaching on 1:1-3 this evening. After the morning meeting, I was able to announce to the church members that one of our young people has applied for baptism and church membership. The Lord is good.

No comments: