Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

How to make friends and influence people


Can't see why, but reportedly, some of our black pudding eating friends from "The North" have taken offence at a couple of my recent posts (here and here). Eh-up, chuck, have I become your enemy by telling you the truth? 

Also, I may have given the impression that with my lurking phobia of anywhere much north of Bristol that I'm rapidly becoming a kind of Wessex-Welsh hermit. It'll be 'Wash and Stay In' rather than 'Wash and Go' shampoo for me from now on. 

Anyway, with this in mind, out of the blue I received an invitation to preach in Wolverhampton sometime in 2013. From a  reader of this blog. Good eh? Diss people and they offer you a gig. 

So, I want to put it on record that I think that California is a dump and I'd never want to go there. Ever. 

No harm in trying. 

1 comment:

jkww said...

Good luck on the California invite. Maybe you could start a church planet in Carmel.

I was in Ireland a few years ago and ate black pudding nearly every morning for breakfast. Then I went vegetarian, and, well, it seems that no vegetarians are interested in producing faux black pudding. Wait a second, though - perhaps vegetarians in Ireland and the UK would be interested. There may be a huge market out there waiting to be tapped!