Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

Banner of Truth Minister's Conference

God wiling, I'll be heading up to Leicester for the Banner Minister's Conference on Monday. The speakers include Sinclar B. Ferguson, Iain Murray and John F. McArthur. I've not read any McArthur partly because I'm prejudiced against premillenialists. But I'm looking forward to hearing him anyway. The conference is always an excellent time of ministry and fellowship. It is good to renew old friendships and meet some new people too. If you are an Exiled Preacher reader and you recognise me, be sure to say hello. (I'll be the one with the opinionated monkey on his shoulder). I will post a report of the Conference when I get back.
NB: Please do not try to engage the monkey in theological discussion. He's always right (so he thinks) and talking to him is very frustating. Don't try to feed him nuts or banannas either. He will bite the hand that feeds.

You can now see my old blog post on PowerPoint and the death of preaching, together with some reader's comments on the Banner Website here.

5 comments:

Gary Brady said...

Looking forward to seeing you Guy. That monkey on your shoulder is David Sky I guess?

Family Blogs said...

I'm not sure whether your photo proves or disproves the "David Sky/Guy Davies being the same person" rumour which has been intriguing the blogosphere.

On the one hand your photo on today's post could be taken as a tacit confession about David Sky's identity...

...on the other, however, proof may now have been evinced that Guy Davies and David Sky have passed the famous 'have you ever seen them in the same room test'...

My brain hurts. Too much monkey business if you ask me!

Guy Davies said...

Do you think that David Sky aught to get a standard issue Reformed minister's suit before going to Banner? Him wearing nothing but a T-shirt might raise some eyebrows.

David McKay said...

Concerning the use of Powerpoint in preaching, your article and the other one I read at Banner of Truth website mainly seem to be arguing against the bad use of Powerpoint.

But there are those who use it effectively.

I have not yet used it when I speak, and don't expect to, but our current minister uses it, and uses it well, I think.

Family Blogs said...

I trust you'll be richly blessed at Banner. Unfortunately I can't go this year, but am looking forward to the CDs!!