1. The corpse that lay in the tomb was the body of the Prince of Life.
2. While the body of the Son of God lay dead, he continued to uphold the universe.
3. Christ's burial is a proof that he really died.
4. Jesus was given an honourable burial after his shameful death because he was innocent.
5. Christ's body was prepared for permanent burial. His resurrection was unexpected.
6. Angels guarded Jesus' tomb.
7. Christ's corpse was kept from corruption and decay by the power of Holy Spirit.
8. The soul of Jesus was with the Father in paradise, while his body lay in the tomb.
9. Baptism is a symbol of the believer's death and burial with Christ.
10. Jesus' burial was the prelude to his resurrection and the empty tomb.