1. The one who hung on the cross was the incarnate, sinless Son of God.
2. Christ's death is described using number of complementary models in the New Testament:
3. He redeemed us to God by his blood, paying the price of sin and setting us free.
4. Jesus' death was a propitiatory sacrifice that averted God's wrath from us.
5. Christ's death is the basis of our justification by faith.
6. By the cross, Jesus triumphed over sin, death and the devil.
7. The atonement was penal and substitutionary because Christ died for his people's sins.
8. Believers have been crucified with Christ. We must live as those who are dead to sin.
9. The death of Christ did not merely make salvation possible. We are saved by his blood.
10. The atoning death of Jesus is the greatest demonstration of the love of God.