1. Sing to God, for his glory.
2. Don't sing so loudly that you dominate the congregation.
3. Don't sing so quietly that you can't even hear yourself. Sing, not whisper!
4. Sing the words thoughtfully.
5. Sing triumphant hymns boldly.
6. Sing meditative hymns appropriately, don't sing gleefully about the cross.
7. Be willing to learn new hymns "Sing to the Lord a new song"!
8. Try not be too put off by any modernisations or archaisms in the words.
9. Don't get so carried away with the tune that the words become meaningless.
10. Allow the hymn to stir your mind and fire your heart in worship.