Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Izzy, wizzy let's get busy

One of my favourite childhood TV characters was Sooty. He would wave his magic wand, utter the words, "Izzy, wizzy, let's get busy!" and make all kinds of amazing stuff happen. Well it's going to get pretty busy round here this week. We have a Holiday Bible Club on Monday to Thursday mornings at Penknap Chapel. A good number turned up this morning, and they all seemed to have enjoyed themselves, which was great.
Easter weekend is looming. We have visiting speakers for Good Friday, but I'm preaching twice on Sunday. Sermon prep will have to be squeezed into the afternoons. That's a bit unusual for me, as I usually do my prep in the mornings.
The other day I finished John Webster's Holy Scripture, A Dogmatic Sketch. But I won't have time to review it for a little while. I know you'll be disappointed about that and I'm very sorry, but there we are. I don't have a magic wand and saying "Izzy, wizzy, let's get busy!" doesn't make stuff happen without one, at least for me.

No comments: